Since its entry into the Nigerian smartphone market, Oppo has been making waves with its innovative devices. Among them, the Realme X stands out as a testament to the brand’s commitment to competing with industry giants. Let’s delve into the main features and pricing of this impressive device.
Realme X Price in Nigeria
As of July 20, 2023, the Realme X is available in Nigeria with prices ranging from N90,000 to N100,000, depending on the chosen variant. The entry-level variant, equipped with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, starts at N90,000. On the other hand, the highest-end variant, featuring 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage, is priced from N95,000. Keep in mind that these prices may be subject to variations due to factors such as currency exchange rates and time of purchase.
Realme X Specs at a Glance
- Release Date: July 2019
- Network: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- Screen Size: 6.53 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~394 ppi density)
- Display Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 76 x 9.4 mm (6.35 x 2.99 x 0.37 in)
- Processor Type: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie), planned upgrade to Android 10.0; ColorOS 6
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 4 GB/6 GB/8 GB
- Storage: 64 GB (4 GB and 6 GB variants) / 128 GB (8 GB variant) / 256 GB (8 GB variant) – Non-expandable
- Back Camera: Dual – 48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3765 mAh battery; Fast battery charging 20W: 55% in 30 min (VOOC 3.0)
Realme X Review
The Realme X boasts an all-screen notch-less front design, complemented by a pop-up selfie camera. This design mirrors the aesthetics of the OnePlus 7 and the Oppo F11 Pro. With its 19.5:9 aspect ratio, the phone is sleek, slim, and easy to handle, making it an ideal companion for everyday use.
Featuring a 6.53-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, the Realme X delivers stunning visuals with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and a pixel density of approximately 394 PPI. The in-display fingerprint sensor adds a modern touch, enhancing both security and convenience.
The Realme X excels in the camera department. Its dual-camera setup, featuring a Sony IMX586 sensor, includes a 48 MP main camera and a 5 MP depth sensor for precise portrait shots. The innovative Quad-Bayer-like technology enhances image quality by combining multiple pixels into one. The motorized pop-up front camera, boasting 16 MP, ensures top-notch selfies.
Equipped with a 3750mAh battery, the Realme X offers impressive battery life. On average, it can last up to 18 hours with regular usage and 12 hours with heavy usage. The 20W fast charging (VOOC 3.0) capability allows the phone to reach 55% charge in just 30 minutes, providing exceptional convenience for users on the go.
Powered by a Snapdragon 710 chipset and an Octa-Core processor, the Realme X delivers smooth performance. The Adreno 616 GPU ensures seamless graphics processing. Running on Android 9.0 (Pie) with an upgrade planned to Android 10.0 and ColorOS 6, the device offers a user-friendly interface.
The Realme X is available in three variants, offering different combinations of RAM (4 GB, 6 GB, and 8 GB) and internal storage (64 GB or 128 GB).
the Realme X is a remarkable smartphone that combines impressive features with a competitive price point. Its standout camera capabilities, sleek design, vibrant display, and efficient battery make it a strong contender in the Nigerian smartphone market. Whether for photography enthusiasts, gamers, or everyday users, the Realme X offers a compelling package.