Are you a beginner in tailoring? And are you in search of the prices of sewing machines in order to get one to sew your customer’s clothes? If your response is yes, then this article is meant for you. Just sit back and enjoy the read.
A sewing machine is a piece of tailoring equipment used to stitch fabrics and other materials together using thread. Yes, you already know that. But do you know that they do come in various types depending on the choice of the manufacturer’s design?
Therefore, depending on many factors like finance, choice, etc. you as a tailor also have a wide spectrum of sewing machines to select from. Of course, the higher the money, the better the efficacy of the machine. So, it lies mostly on the financing side.
Why it lies most on the financing side is that manufacturers have also decided to produce different sewing machines that perform similar functions but in a different way.
We are here to serve you and that is why we decided to bring to your doorstep the various sewing machines currently in the Nigerian Market coupled with their prices. Check them below.
Types of Sewing Machines in Nigeria
Currently, the three major types of sewing machines that the Nigeria Market offers are
- Hand Sewing Machine
- Electric Sewing Machine
- Computer-based Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Sewing Machine.
Definitely, the Hand Sewing Machine works in the absence of electric supply, which the Electric Sewing machine cannot do. Lastly, the computer-based Sewing Machine works solely under the supervision and control of an inbuilt computer system. Even though they might sound better than each other, each one of them has its cons and pros.
Other types of sewing machine you will find in the Nigerian Market are:
- Over-stitching Sewing machine
- Fast Seam Sewing Machine
- Furriery Sewing Machine
- Industrial Sewing Machine
- Mini Sewing Machine or Portable Sewing Machine
Prices of Sewing Machines in Nigeria
There are different varieties of sewing machines. Thus, the one you get will depend on your budget and your choice. However, note that even though all of them perform the same function of sewing your customer clothes, there are accessories that were added to some of them to increase efficiency and efficacy. An example is the computer-based sewing machine: Just command and the machine will do the rest for you. Isn’t that too great of a sewing machine?
Domestic Sewing Machines
- Butterfly domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (3drawer) == ₦70,000 – ₦75,000
- Butterfly domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (3drawer) with electric motor == ₦78,000 – ₦80,000
- Butterfly domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (2drawer) == ₦68, 000 – ₦70, 000
- Butterfly domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (2drawer) with electric motor == ₦72,000 – ₦75, 000
- Butterfly multifunctional sewing machine mid Jh8190s == ₦50,000 – ₦55,000
- Twolion / Sumo Premium domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (3drawer) == ₦58,000 – ₦63, 000
- Twolion / Sumo Premium domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (3drawer) with electric motor == ₦62, 000 – ₦67, 000
- Twolion/Sumo Premium domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (2drawer) == ₦55 000 – ₦60, 000
- Twolion/ Sumo Premium domestic sewing machine model JA2-1 (2drawer) with electric motor == ₦60, 000 – ₦65, 000
- Twolion multifunctional sewing machine model 8590 == ₦65, 000
- QQ mini motor only == ₦8, 000
Industrial Sewing Machines (Brand New)
- Twolion industrial overlocking machine model TL 737 /747/757 == ₦155, 000 – ₦170, 000
- Hudong industrial overlocking machine Model HD 737/747/757 == ₦160,000 – ₦170, 000
- Emel industrial overlocking machine model EM 737 /747 /757 == ₦185,000 – ₦200, 000
- Xiantypical direct drive overlocking machine model 737D/747D /757D == ₦165, 000 – ₦175, 000
- Hudong direct drive industrial overlocking machine model HD 737D/747D/757D == ₦165, 000 – ₦175, 000
- Emel industrial straight sewing machine model EM8500 == ₦160, 000 – ₦165, 000
- Twolion industrial straight sewing machine model TL8500/8700 == ₦150,000 – ₦155, 000
- Hudong industrial straight sewing machine model HD8500/8700 == ₦150,000 – ₦155, 000
- Twolion Direct Drive industrial straight sewing model TL 9901D == ₦165, 000 – ₦175, 000
- Twolion industrial coverstitch /taping machine modelTL500-2 == ₦235,000 – ₦245,000
- Twolion industrial shirt buttonholing machine model TL781 == ₦550, 000 – ₦570, 000
- Twolion industrial button attaching machine model TL373 == ₦230, 000 – ₦240, 000
- Protex TY3300 heavy duty leather sewing machine == ₦200, 000 – ₦210, 000
- Hudong industrial walking foot sewing machine model HD0303 == ₦190, 000 – ₦200, 000
As already stated, sewing machines are generally used for sewing and stitching clothes, but they vary in how they function as well as in their designs. Usually, a sewing machine is designed in line with the kind of sewing that it’s used for. These, coupled with the other accessories that the manufacturer adds to the products, explain the variation in the prices of sewing machines.
This implies that the more sophisticated the sewing machine is, the higher the price and vice versa. Hence, depending on your choice, budget and the type of sewing you want to be involved in, hence the type of sewing machine to select. However, on neutral ground, the higher the price, the better the efficacy and efficiency of the sewing machine.
Yes, before I forget. Another important factor that causes the variation in the price is the place of use. Of course, the domestic sewing machine will be less expensive than industrial-made sewing machines. This is because the workload on them varies.
How to Choose the Right Sewing Machine
The Nigerian market today abounds with varieties of sewing machines and as such selecting the best one for yourself might be tedious work. Thus, the need for us to select the best tips for you in order to choose the best sewing machine to sew your customer’s clothes. Check the tips out here
1. Look out for Relationship Between Price and Working Ability
Yes, this might be unable to detect at the first contact with your machine. But, so far you are well acquainted with the varieties of sewing machine, choosing the best sewing machine for you will be an easy task. Remember the higher the price, the better the efficiency and efficacy.
Though I will not taint any manufacturer as bad or good but some of them have a good reputation in manufacturing sewing machines. Therefore, before you go to buy your sewing machines, check out the manufacturers of your chosen sewing machine.
3. Vertical Shuttle
Many have made the mistake of selecting horizontal shuttle for vertical shuttle. One of the biggest cons of horizontal shuttle is that it usually come with a high price. In addition, it is very fragile and can easily worn out. Thus, ensure you make the right choice.
Sewing Machines are as crucial to a tailor as the oxygen that he/she breathes in. However, looking at the vast varieties of sewing machines in the Nigeria Market, some of the machines do not actually worth the price they are tagged with. However, so far the above tips are taken note of, choosing the best sewing machine will be an easy task.
See Prices of Other Machines in Nigeria
- Plantain Slicing Machine Prices in Nigeria
- Excavator Prices in Nigeria
- Butterfly Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria
- Grinding Machine Prices in Nigeria
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria
- Cost of Parapet in Nigeria
- Softwood Prices in Nigeria
- Liquid Filling Machine Prices in Nigeria
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria