Motorcycles, popularly known as okadas, have become an integral part of Nigeria’s transportation landscape. Their efficiency, durability, ruggedness, and speed make them a preferred mode of transport, especially in the traffic-congested streets of Nigeria. In this article, we’ll delve into the evolution of okadas over the years and explore the diverse range of options available in the market, along with their respective prices.
The Okada Market in Nigeria:
Nigeria boasts one of the largest motorcycle markets globally, with street bikes, particularly okadas, taking center stage as a vital commercial transportation means. As the demand for motorcycles continues to surge, let’s take a closer look at the prices of various popular brands available in the market.
Brand New Motorcycles:
- Kasea Prima Tricycle: N950,000 – N1 million
- Kasea MXR Motorcycle: N250,000 – N310,000
- Kasea RC 300 Motorcycle: N450,000 – N500,000
- Kasea RC 125 Motorcycle: N200,000 – N300,000
- Kasea ZE 1500 Motorcycle: N320,000 – N400,000
- Kasea RC 125 F Motorcycle: N400,000 – N460,000
- Kasea MXT Motorcycle: N280,000 – N340,000
- Kasea ZE 2000 Motorcycle: N370,000 – N420,000
- Kasea Sense Motorcycle: N420,000 – N470,000
- Bajaj Pulsar 220F 2023: From N1,200, 000
- Bajaj Pulsar 250 2022: From N1,200, 000
- Bajaj Pulsar 220F 2020: From N900,000
- Bajaj 100 2022: From N500, 000
- Bajaj Boxer 2018: From N450,000
- Jincheng Ladies Bike: From N525, 000
- Jincheng JC Series: From N450,000
- New Motorcycle 2023: From N450,000
- New Honda Super Hawk 2022: From N350,000
- New Honda 2023: From N580,000
- New Honda Dio 2022: From N330,000
- New Honda 2023 : From N2,500,000
- New Honda Today 2022 : From N420,000
- New Honda 2022 : From N560,000
- New Honda CB 2022: From N900,000
- New Honda CB 2021: From N550,000
- New Haojue UD110 HJ110-6 2021: From N300,000
- New Haojue HJ110-5 2023: From N900,000
- New Haojue DK125 HJ125-30 2021: From N750,000
- New Haojue HJ110-2C: From N870,000
Fairly Used Okada:
For those seeking a more budget-friendly option without compromising on quality, fairly used motorcycles can be a great choice. Here are the prices of some popular models:
(Qlink, Sinoki, Bajaj, Jincheng, Honda, and Haojue)
Things to Consider Before Buying an Okada:
- Assess your level of experience to choose a bike that you can handle safely and effectively.
- Consider the fuel economy of the okada, as it directly impacts your operational costs, especially for commercial use.
- Determine your budget range to narrow down your options and find the best fit for your financial capacity.
Spare Parts Availability:
- Opt for bikes with readily available and affordable spare parts to ensure smooth operation and avoid unnecessary downtime.
The thriving okada market in Nigeria offers a wide range of options to suit various preferences and budgets. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a novice, considering factors like experience level, fuel mileage, budget, and spare parts availability will help you make an informed decision. So, gear up and hit the Nigerian streets with your ideal okada!