In recent times, the demand for plastic ID card printers has seen a significant surge, owing to the increasing number of companies and schools entering the market. With this rise in demand, it becomes crucial to understand the various options available in the market and their associated prices. Moreover, these printers offer versatility beyond just ID card printing, as they can also be used for tasks like printing on DVDs and CDs.
Here is a list of common plastic ID card printers available in Nigeria, along with their respective prices :
- Canon Pixma Ts704 Document, Photo, CD & ID Card Wireless Printer – From N106,000
- Dtc1250e Dual Sided PVC I.D Card Printer – From N950,000
- Hiti PVC I.D Card Printer – From N1,000,000
- Pixma Ts704 Printer Canon – From N105,000
- Canon Id Card Printer – From N130,000
- Fargo Dtc4500dc – From N950,000
- Evolis Primacy ID Card Printers – From N1,100,000
- Laser Data Card ID Sd360 Printer – From N700,000
- Series 7 Zxp Zebra ID Card Printer – From N1,200,000
- MATICA XID8100 Retransfer Card Printer – From N1,400,000
- SD360 Automatic Dual Sided ID Card Printer – From N850,000
Please note that these prices are approximate and may vary due to factors such as currency exchange rates, place and time of purchase, and other related considerations. Different brands also come with varying price ranges.
Before purchasing a plastic ID card printer, it’s essential to consider a few key factors:
- Simplicity and Portability: Determine the level of complexity you need. Basic models are suitable for simple text and photo cards, while more advanced models may offer additional features but come at a higher cost.
- Printing Requirements: Consider what you’ll be printing on the ID cards. Will it require software integration with an existing database? Will there be additional functionalities like access control or tracking?
- Printer Durability: Some printers use thermal transfer film, providing added protection to printed images. Look for printers that can handle various card widths, especially if you plan to use heavy-duty plastic stock.
- Image Quality: Most ID card printers offer decent image quality. Pay attention to the DPI (dots per inch) rating, as higher DPI results in better resolution. Thermal transfer printers generally provide a superior image.
- Compatibility: Ensure the printer is compatible with your operating system. Most models are compatible with Windows 2000 and XP, so check if your system meets the requirements.
choosing the right plastic ID card printer involves considering factors like simplicity, printing requirements, durability, image quality, and compatibility. By evaluating these aspects, you can make an informed decision that meets your specific needs.