In recent months, Nokia, like Samsung, has shifted its focus towards the thriving mid-range smartphone market. The result? A lineup of scintillating smartphones, with the Nokia 4.2 leading the charge. Today, we delve into the specifications and market pricing of this standout device.
Price of Nokia 4.2 in Nigeria
The Nokia 4.2 has emerged as one of the most sought-after mid-range smartphones from Nokia this year. With prices starting from N75,000, the cost may vary depending on the point of purchase. These smartphones are readily available both in brick-and-mortar stores and on popular e-commerce platforms.
Nokia 4.2 Specs
- Release date: May 2019
- Operating system: Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Screen Size: 5.71 inches, 81.4 cm2 (~76.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~295 ppi density)
- RAM: 2 GB/3 GB
- Internal memory: 32 GB; microSD, expandable up to 400 GB (dedicated slot)
- Processor: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 6×1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- Networks: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Main Camera: Dual – 13 MP, f/2.2, 1/3″, 1.12µm, PDAF; 2 MP, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4″, 1.12µm front shooter for selfie
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Other Specifications: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
Nokia 4.2 Review
Body and Design
The Nokia 4.2 exudes a sense of elegance at a price point that surprises. Crafted with a sturdy plastic body, it boasts a compact form factor at 148.95 x 71.3 x 8.39mm and a weight of 161g. The rear-mounted fingerprint scanner is conveniently positioned under the main camera module.
While the Nokia 4.2’s display may not steal the spotlight, it holds its own. Sporting a discreet teardrop notch for the selfie camera, the lower edge does have a noticeable chin, a minor drawback for some users. The 5.71-inch LCD, with an HD+ 720 x 1520 resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio, delivers a satisfactory visual experience.
For a mid-range Nokia smartphone, the camera quality is surprisingly decent. Equipped with a 13-megapixel main camera and supported by a 2-megapixel depth sensor, it captures respectable shots. The 8 MP front shooter is more than capable for selfies and video calls.
The Nokia 4.2 may not dazzle in the battery department, but it holds its own. With a 3,000mAh battery, it provides adequate power given its display resolution and processor, even if it doesn’t break any records.
Operating System and Processor
Powered by the Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 chip, the Nokia 4.2 runs on the latest Android Pie OS. Depending on the model, it offers 2 GB or 3 GB of RAM, coupled with 16 GB or 32 GB of internal memory that can be expanded up to 400 GB with a dedicated microSD card slot.
What You’ll Love About The Nokia 4.2
- Nice design and build quality: The Nokia 4.2 impresses with its sleek glass-and-polycarbonate design, showcasing Nokia’s commitment to both creativity and aesthetics.
- Pocket Friendly: Considering its features, the Nokia 4.2 offers excellent value for its price, making it an attractive option in its category.
- Decent Camera for the Price: While not a photography powerhouse, the Nokia 4.2 delivers a commendable camera setup for its price range.
What You Might Not Like
- Not-So-Impressive Performance: Surprisingly, the Nokia 4.2 falls short in terms of responsiveness, despite its decent RAM size. Multitasking may be a challenge.
- Underwhelming Battery Capacity: In a market where battery life is paramount, the Nokia 4.2’s 3,000mAh capacity may leave some users wanting more.
- Display Disappointment: If you seek a wide, sharp display, the Nokia 4.2’s 720 x 1520 pixels resolution may not meet your expectations.
the Nokia 4.2 makes a mark in the mid-range segment with its stylish design, affordable pricing, and capable camera. However, it falls short in terms of performance and battery life, making it important to weigh these factors against its other merits before making a purchase decision.