Gone are the days when motorcycles were exclusively associated with men. In today’s dynamic world, women are making their mark in the realm of bike riding. Recent research indicates that one in ten motorcycle riders is now female. While this statistic may not directly apply to Nigeria, it’s clear that women are steadily gaining traction in the world of motorcycle enthusiasts.
Tailored for Women:
Manufacturers have recognized the unique needs of female riders. Unlike cars, riding a motorcycle requires a specific energy level and control. Men’s bikes tend to be bulkier and heavier, whereas bikes designed for women are smaller, sleeker, and easier to handle. These bikes are crafted to complement the stature, strength, and style of female riders.
Prices of Ladies Motorcycles in Nigeria:
While the demand for ladies’ motorcycles may not be as high as other models, the market in Nigeria has embraced these bikes. They come in various sizes, designs, and colors, with an emphasis on style and comfort. On average, a brand-new ladies’ bike can be acquired for around N550,000. For those looking for a more budget-friendly option, well-maintained used bikes can be found for approximately N200,000, depending on the condition.
Popular Brands and Models:
Several reputable brands have introduced models specifically tailored for women. Here are some examples along with their estimated prices:
- Sinoki Supra: Starting from N200,000
- Qlink Target: Starting from N255,000
- Jincheng Ladies Bike: Starting from N250,000
Considerations Before Making a Purchase: Choosing the right motorcycle is a crucial decision, and with a range of options available, it can be overwhelming. Here are some key points to consider:
- Seat Height: Comfort is paramount, and the height of the seat plays a significant role. Cruisers generally have lower seat heights, but they may be wider and heavier. Alternatively, adventure-style bikes could be a suitable option.
- Engine Capacity (CC): The engine’s capacity matters when selecting a motorcycle. For simplicity and economy, 100cc bikes are recommended. They are more affordable, fuel-efficient, and easier to handle, making them an ideal choice for female riders.
- Budget: Determine your budget beforehand. Whether you’re looking to spend N100,000 or N500,000, there’s a suitable option available.
The era when motorcycles were solely associated with men is a thing of the past. Women in Nigeria are increasingly joining the ranks of motorcycle enthusiasts. With manufacturers recognizing the unique needs of female riders, there’s now a diverse range of ladies’ motorcycles available in the market. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a beginner, there’s a bike out there tailored just for you. Embrace the evolution and hit the road with confidence!