Gone are the days when people didn’t really care about the type of roofing sheets they use for their buildings. Some would rather even use random materials to just act as covering for their houses irrespective of how long they last. Today, roofing sheets have gone beyond just providing shield for buildings, they now have a way of beautifying a structure, showing elegance in their own style. With the market of roofing sheets growing, it is important to take a look at some of the best types available, one of which is the aluminium roofing sheets.
If beauty and ruggedness are factors you consider when deciding on a roofing sheet to use for your building, then aluminium roof sheets should be at the top of your list. Apart from the fact that this type of roofing sheet does the basic work of shielding the building, it adds beauty and attractiveness to the whole structure in its own style. No wonder it is one of the most sought after roofing sheets in Nigeria.
Aluminium roofing sheets are among the most rated roofing sheets for lots of reasons. They are durable, reliable and compared to some other types of roofing sheets, they rarely leak and are not corrosive. This doesn’t fly without the mention of the sheet’s long lasting characteristics. They might not be the best and most expensive roofing sheets in the country, but they sure are among the most effective and reliable.
Aluminium roofing sheets are available in two main types: long-span corrugated aluminum roofing sheets and step tile aluminium roofing sheets. The major difference in these aluminium roofing sheets is their thicknesses and designs. They are both resistant to dust and are very durable and reliable.
Prices of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria
PRICES UPDATED ON: September 23, 2022.
OLD PRICES of Aluminium Roofing Sheets (July 2022)
Old Prices of Aluminium Roofing Sheets (May 2022)
|Sheet Type||Price for 0.45mm||Price for 0.55mm|
|Long span aluminium||N2,650 per meter||N3,400 per meter|
|Step-tile aluminium||N2,850 per meter||N3,550 per meter|
|Metcoppo aluminium||N3,000 per meter||N3,650 per meter|
- Longspan aluminium of 0.70mm thickness costs N5,800 per meter
Aluminium roofing sheets are relatively expensive. Although they are not the most expensive roofing sheets in the market, they maintain their rank as one of the most reliable and overall efficient roofing sheets. You should note that if aluminium roofing sheets are not properly installed, there is a tendency of experiencing leakages.
When it comes to overall performance, you rank roofing sheets according to their durability and aluminium sheets pass ere with flying colours, more reason it is among the most sought after roofing sheets in Nigeria. Aluminium roofing sheets can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or local distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be purchased via online stores and other contemporary roofing sheets stores around.
Long span aluminium roofing sheets
- 0.40 mm thick – N2,650 per metre
- 0.45 mm thick – ₦2,900 per metre
- 0.50 mm thick – N3,200 per metre
- 0.55 mm thick – N3,850 per metre
- 0.70 mm thick – N6,300 per metre
Step-tile aluminium roofing sheets
- 0.55 mm thick – N4,050 per metre
- 0.45 mm thick – ₦3,100 per metre
- 0.50 mm thick – N3,450 per metre
Metcoppo aluminium roofing sheets
- 0.55 mm thick – N4,150 per metre
- 0.50 mm thick – N3,450 per metre
- 0.45 mm thick – ₦3,350 per meter
It should be noted that the variation in the prices is as a result of certain factors including the place and period of purchase, overall variation of prices nationwide and other basic factors.
Things You Will Like About Aluminium Roofing Sheets
Aluminium roofing sheets are widely regarded as one of the best roofing sheets in Nigeria. Still wondering why? Here are some characteristics that make aluminium roofing sheets among the most sought after.
- Durability: You wouldn’t want to install a roofing sheet you will need to change in some 10 – 20 years. This is an advantage aluminium roofing sheet has over some other types of roofing sheets. The roofing sheet lasts for over 50 years, although most company will back their product to suffice between 20 – 50 years.
- Lightweight: Aluminium are lightweight. Compared to some other types of roofing sheets, this sheet offers flexibility and is easy and quick to install. This type of roofing material may be applied over an existing roof without the need for tear-off or additional structural support. In fact, if you’re building a house or an addition, you can often downsize or reduce the number of roof support members.
- Heat Conduction: Aluminium roofing sheets reflect radiant heat from the sun, which in turn minimizes heat during the day. Unlike some other types of roofing sheets, this roofing sheet reduces the amount of heat you feel during the day and this is particularly great for a country like Nigeria where whether can be harsh during the day. Though the material itself is low in insulation R-value, many systems utilize a dead-air space between the aluminium and roof deck to increase energy efficiency.
- Ease of Roofing Installation: Aluminium roofing sheets are one of the easiest roofing sheets to install. They can be installed in a day or two. Because the materials are lightweight, you can save on engineering and building the supporting structure. They are also relatively cheap to install.
Things You May Not Like About Aluminium Roofing Sheets
- Cost: It is no news, aluminium roofing sheets are expensive. Yes, there are more expensive roofing sheets, but you will still expect this roofing sheet to be less expensive. This is the biggest drawback. If you plan on staying in the house or building for a long time, then yes it is worth it, but if plan to move in some couple years, you probably will not get so much return on your investment.
- Noise: There is the case of personal preference on this one. While some truly love the sound of rain beating their roof, some others detest it, and aluminium roofing sheets will not make it better. When it comes to noise, don’t expect aluminium roofing sheets to be quieter than other roofing sheets, in fact, some designs are noisier. Also, most metals contract and expand during the day as it warms and cools. This process is sometimes accompanied by some funny sounds and this doesn’t get any better with aluminium roofing sheets.
Trusted Roofing Sheets Dealer in Nigeria: Our Recommendation
Do you need a trusted and highly experienced roofing sheets dealer that can deliver anywhere in Nigeria? Then we strongly recommend Engr. Imran Ayub whose company is in Lagos. (But they deliver nationwide).
We’re recommending Engr Imran Ayub’s company because he would take his time to enlighten you on what you need, how much you should budget, and other important information you need to know. More importantly, he sells only top quality roofing sheets that come with convincing warranties, and his prices are the best you can get.
See Prices of Other Building Materials in Nigeria
- Prices of Asbestos Ceiling in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Rain Water Collector Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (September 2022)
- Prices of Plumbing Materials in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Price of SMC Ceiling Fans in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of Kerbs in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Prices of WC Seats in Nigeria (2022)
- Prices of Sheet Glass in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Cost of Bathtubs in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Nigerite Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Cost of Painting a House or Room in Nigeria (2022)
- Water Storage Tank Price List in Nigeria (2022)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria Today (September 2022)
- Cost of Wood for Roofing in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Cost of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria
- Tower Aluminum Roofing Price List (September 2022)
- Prices of Virony Doors in Nigeria (2022)
- Prices of Security Doors in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2022)
- Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria in 2022
- Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2022)
- Floor Tiles Prices in Nigeria (Per Square Meter) 2022
- Cost of Parapet in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Cost of Borehole Drilling in Nigeria in 2022
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Prices of Steel Rods (Reinforcements) in Nigeria (2022)
- Dangote Cement Price Today (September 2022)
- Price of Suspended Ceiling in Nigeria (September 2022)
- 1500L Water Tank Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Transparent Roofing Sheet Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (2022)
- Interlocking Paving Stones Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Prices of Doors in Nigeria (September 2022)
- The Cost of Decking in Nigeria (2022)
- POP Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2022)
- China Doors Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Prices of Building Blocks in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Prices of Land in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria (2022)
- Value Paints Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- White Cement Price in Nigeria (2022 Updates)
- Turkish Doors Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- Softwood Prices in Nigeria (September 2022)
- PVC Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria (2022)
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria (2022)